twc home   |   charter   |   links & refs   |   mailing-list archive   |   song

re: TWC-L Introduction

Vashti (vashti@theshop.net)
Thu, 27 Jun 1996 04:21:13 -0600

Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 04:21:13 -0600
To: twc-l@halmarax.demon.co.uk
From: Vashti <vashti@theshop.net>
Subject: re: TWC-L Introduction

At 06:26 PM 6/26/96 +0100, you wrote:

>I'm 50, male, unemployed, & have been taking psychedelics for 30 yrs.
>Enjoyments (other than drugs) include guitar, fractals, juggling, fungi,
>rave flyers, writing, go (the game of Wei Ch'i), & the house-martins
>which fly 2000 miles from N Africa every year to nest above the kitchen
>window of my council flat.

an interesting set of interests. My own (outside of herbs) include
gardening, poetry, history, hiking and Creation spirituality. I am also an
avid "birder". What kind of martins are they and where are you? I am in
Oklahoma.

>impatient jump into the list "purpose" subject stuff... please forgive :)

> "The initiate has seen, he knows, he believes, but as a Mitsogho, he
> will only make this journey twice: during the initiation and on the
> day of his death. It is out of the question for him to take iboga
> again under the same conditions. From then on the sacred plant will
> only be used sparingly, to 'warm the heart' and to help him 'in
> physical efforts or discussion'."

This reminds me of Don Juan's ally theory.

<snip>

> "It is not known when the Chinese first used cannabis to achieve its
> hallucinogenic effects, but it is known that consuming the drug for
> this purpose was disapproved of in the period around 600 BC."

And what purpose was it approved for, according to the writing?

peace
vash

twc home   |   charter   |   links & refs   |   mailing-list archive   |   song