twc home   |   charter   |   links & refs   |   mailing-list archive   |   song

Re: A few thoughts on terminal Wing-dings!

Chris Whitehouse (chrisw@venus.co.uk)
Mon, 8 Jul 1996 03:45:47 +0100

Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 03:45:47 +0100
From: Chris Whitehouse <chrisw@venus.co.uk>
Subject: Re: A few thoughts on terminal Wing-dings!

Kevin(?) said:
> I don't leave unfinished business behind - especially when I get the
> feeling that it's the last time I'm going to see someone.

The good sense of this is so obvious once it's too late.

> weed (Chris Whitehouse) said:
>> that psychedelic drugs are sacraments, and that even should they not
>> always succeed in providing mystical experiences, they invariably
>> produce visionary ones (using Aldous Huxley's definitions of the terms
>> "mystical" and "visionary")?
> No idea what Aldous Huxley's definitions were.

"Visionary experience is not the same as mystical experience.
Mystical experience is beyond the realm of opposites. Visionary
experience is still within that realm. Heaven entails hell. and
'going to heaven' is no more liberating than is the descent into
horror. Heaven is merely a vantage point from which the divine
Ground can be more clearly seen than on the level of ordinary
individual experience."
("Heaven And Hell" - Aldous Huxley)

> Resistance to LSD-25 has been in studies even at massive doses.

Would be grateful if u cd email me any refs.

weed <chrisw@venus.co.uk>

twc home   |   charter   |   links & refs   |   mailing-list archive   |   song