twc home   |   charter   |   links & refs   |   mailing-list archive   |   song

Re: archive

Weed (weed@wussu.com)
Fri, 20 Sep 1996 20:37:49 +0100

From: Weed <weed@wussu.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 20:37:49 +0100
Subject: Re: archive

> Search of body text by keyword combinations would be a useful feature
> too. How easy (or difficult) would this be?

It's possible! There's some software being developed at Venus which goes
through all the files looking for keywords - should be straightforward to
adapt it to our reqs - will follow this up.

>> Still to be done are the references (pharmaceutical/legal/botanical etc),

> Yes, perhaps it's about time we got stuck in with this. Can you give any
> idea of the style and format of these, or do we need to discuss it further?

Initially I'd be be happy enough with simple lists (one item per line),
- in alphabetical order of author's name, together with title,
publisher/source, date, short comments (if necessary), & maybe the name
of the person who submitted the reference to the archive? By the time the
list becomes unwieldy, it will easier to see the easiest way to organise
it. What does anyone else think. Of course, some of the refs might be to
TWC posts themselves when they contain original/relevant information, but
often I would expect them to refer to journal articles, which should be
directly concerned with the TWC's primary interest(s).

>> the gathering together of the various links that have been mentioned,
>> and the formulation of particular lines of enquiry that are relevant
>> to TWC's charter.
> These are the ones I want to get on with. I think some practical
> procedures need to be defined. Then perhaps we could contact groups and
> individuals who have developed something valid in this or similar realms.

Sounds good - what do you suggest? :)

One thing that will need changing at some point Tony, if it's not yet been
done, is to include the URL for the TWC achive pages in the info that new
subscribers receive.

weed <weed@wussu.com>

twc home   |   charter   |   links & refs   |   mailing-list archive   |   song