twc home   |   charter   |   links & refs   |   mailing-list archive   |   song

(fwd) End of life conditions

Kevin Jones (100621.17@compuserve.com)
Mon, 30 Dec 1996 08:05:39 +0000

From: Kevin Jones <100621.17@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 08:05:39 +0000
Subject: (fwd) End of life conditions

I'm familiar with Edgar Cayce. I would reckon he has a point. Certainly the idea
that hallucinogens open doorways to the Other is not new - that is exactly why
they are used by shaman the world over. Not all of the Other are friendly either
- in which case you have a problem. There are very effective bits and bobs to
deal with the ones that are unfriendly. However, the best defence is not to run
into them in the first place - which is what the preconditioning achieves.

Incidentally, thoughtforms - yours or others - are the least of your hassles,
though they can be a hassle if you don't know what you are doing. There are far
worse things to run into. That said, under most conditions, these would be a
rare occurence.

I am not particularly concerned on effects on sanity - after all, if you are
about to snuff it, worrying about spending time in a laughing academy is the
least of your worries! After all, it might be a very pleasant or happy
psychosis! I'm more concerned that there last few minutes might be a nightmare -
and who wishes to guess what comes after or how that might affect it?

Kevin

twc home   |   charter   |   links & refs   |   mailing-list archive   |   song